Hily uses geodata from your phone to determine your location dynamically. You can see nearby matches by allowing the app access to your phone’s location. The Premium feature, Global Search, allows you to change and explore profiles worldwide by selecting different locations beyond your own, providing a customizable approach to location-based matchmaking.
Hily is a dating app designed to help people connect with potential romantic partners. It is an online dating platform where you can create profiles, upload pictures, and engage with others based on mutual interests and preferences. The app includes features such as swiping to indicate interest in someone, chatting, and potentially arranging dates.
How Does Hily Location Work?
Hily automatically detects your location to show you potential partners who are close by. As such, you shouldn’t have to fiddle with any settings while travelling, though you can tap Settings and scroll to Discovery to adjust Hily’s search radius if you are a premium user.
The app can track your location in many ways. For example, if you turn on Location Services in the Hily app, it can use GPS, Bluetooth, and WiFi signals to determine where you are.
Furthermore, suppose you permit third-party apps and websites to access your Hily account data (e.g., Google Maps). In that case, they can pass this information back to Hily to get more accurate location data about where you’ve been spending time.
How to Change Your Location on Hily
There are many ways of changing location on Hily. Each is different from the others based on the device you are using. If you want to change the location of your Hily or hide your current location, all the different ways are mentioned here.
Change Hily Location on Android
1. Open the Hily app on your phone and log in if necessary.
2. Tap the three-bar icon at the top right corner of the screen to open the menu options.
3. Scroll down until you find “Location,” and tap it.
4. A list of available locations will appear; select the one you wish to use by tapping it.
5. Once selected, a pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation; click “OK” or “Yes” to confirm that this is where you want your location set on Hily.
6. You will now see that your location has been changed in the top right corner of the Hily app.
How to Change Hily Location on iPhone
1. Open the Hily app on your iOS device. Then, tap on the menu icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll to the “Settings & Privacy” section and select “Settings” from this list.
3. Under “Your Hily Information,” select “Language and Region.” Here you can choose a new language or region for your account. Select whichever one you want.
4. Click “Save Changes” at the top right of the screen to save it.
Change Hily Location on PC or Laptop
1. Open your web browser and log into Hily.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right of the screen and select “Settings” from the list of options.
3. Once in Settings, choose “Country/Region” from the left-side menu bar. You will be given a window to enter your new country/region information.
4. Select your desired new location from the list provided, then hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of that window to save it.
6. Once you’ve changed your location, you’ll need to go back into the Settings page and click on “Apps” from the left side menu.
7. Here, you can select which apps are allowed to access your new location. This is important, as certain apps may require different access levels than others. Ensure all the apps you want to use are correctly set before continuing.
You can also change your location using location spoofing or VPN (Virtual Private Network) services. Keep in mind that using such methods to manipulate your location may violate the terms of service of the Hily app, so it is not recommended as it can lead to your account getting banned.
How to Get Hily free
Hily is free to download and use. you can enjoy the basic features of the app, such as browsing profiles, matching, chatting, going live, viewing streams, and sharing stories, without any cost.
Hily also provides the option for you to subscribe to Hily Premium, a paid subscription that unlocks additional features and functionalities. After a Hily Premium subscription expires, you can continue using the app for free. Tto use Hily for free:
1. Download the Hily app from the app store relevant to your device (Google Play Store for Android, App Store for iOS).
2. Install the app on your device.
3. Set up a profile using the free features provided by the app.
4. Add your information, photos, and preferences.
5. Use the basic features of the app, such as browsing profiles, matching, chatting, going live, viewing streams, and sharing stories.
6. If you want to access additional premium features, consider opting for the Hily Premium subscription. This is a paid option that provides enhanced functionalities.
Cancel Hily Subscription
If you’ve purchased a subscription for Hily on their website and need to cancel it, you must contact the Hily Support team for assistance. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the steps to cancel your subscription on the app:
Google Play Store:
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal bars in the top-left corner to open the menu.
3. Scroll down and select “Subscriptions.”
4. Select Hily in the list of subscriptions and tap on it to view details.
5. Inside the Hily subscription details, you will see an option to cancel the subscription. Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel.
If you want to cancel your Hily membership on an iOS device (iPhone or iPad), you can follow these general steps:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
2. At the top of the Settings menu, tap on your Apple ID name.
3. Tap on “iTunes & App Store.”
4. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
5. Select “View Apple ID.” You might be prompted to sign in.
6. Scroll down and tap on “Subscriptions.”
7. Select Hily in the list of subscriptions and tap on it to manage.
8. Tap “Cancel Subscription” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Remember, if you don’t cancel more than 24 hours before your renewal date, your subscription might renew. If you encounter any issues, you can also contact Hily Support or Apple Support for assistance. Also keep in mind that stopping auto-renewal doesn’t immediately stop the subscription but prevents it from renewing at the next billing period. For Refund you will need to contact customer support for further assistance on refunds.
To reach out to Hily Support Team, follow these steps:
1. Open Hily.
2. Navigate to your Profile (bottom-right corner).
3. Tap “Settings” (top-right corner).
4. Access the “Contact Us” section and tap “Help & Support” for assistance from the Live Help.
5. Alternatively, find Hily Live Help in your chats by going to Messages.
8. Locate the icon labelled Hily Live Help to initiate a chat with the Live Support Team.