ClassDojo is an online education platform and mobile app that empowers teachers to manage their classrooms. Teachers can monitor student behaviour, organize engaging classroom activities, create and maintain student portfolios, and communicate between school and home.
ClassDojo has an accessible sign-in process for students, allowing them to join their virtual classroom using a class code, a QR code, or a username. It enables teachers to work with the class remotely. If you are looking for an alternative to ClassDojo, you can check out Quizlet and how it works.
How ClassDojo Graduate Students Work
In ClassDojo, when the school year ends, and students are moving on to a new grade or school, you “graduate” the class. This means you officially close the class, which disconnects parents and disables messaging with the teacher. It’s like tidying up things and getting ready for the next school year or the students’ new adventure in a different school.
On the other hand, when you archive a class on ClassDojo, it’s a bit different. If your students will be staying at the same school, like moving from second grade to third grade, you should “archive” the class.
Archiving means taking the class out of the parent’s account, but it still keeps the student and parent information in the School Director’s records. It’s like putting away last year’s stuff in a special place so you can start fresh with the new school year, but you don’t lose any important info.
How to Graduate a Class on ClassDojo
To graduate a class on ClassDojo or click here https://www.classdojo.com/, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your account and open your class.
2. Click on “options” in the upper right corner of your class.
3. Select “Finish Class.”
4. A pop-up box will appear; click on “Graduate Class.”
5. You’ll see a screen with your class list, and all students are usually automatically selected. You can unselect students who are not graduating.
6. Click “Graduate Student(s)” to save. Keep in mind that once a class is graduated, parents won’t see School Story posts anymore.
If you accidentally graduate a student, not the whole class, you can undo it:
To Undo Student Graduation:
1. On the web, go to the School Directory in your teacher account.
2. Click on the “Students” Tab and find the “Graduated Students” section.
3. Locate the student, click on their name, and select “Undo graduation.” This will reverse the graduation status for that particular student.
How to End Class From ClassDojo
Instead of deleting classes, ClassDojo has a way to end classes and tidy things up. it is called archiving. When you as a teacher finish with a class or don’t need it on your homepage anymore, you can “Archive” it.
Archiving hides the points and messaging for that class from the parents who were connected to it. However, the stories and portfolio posts from that class will still be in the parents’ and students’ accounts.
The students from that class still show up in the School Directory. This way, other teachers in your school can add them and their parent connections from the Directory to their new class when needed. It’s like putting your old class away neatly, but you can always find it later if you need to.
Here is how to end a class on ClassDojo using both web and Android platforms:
1. Start by clicking on the class you want to archive under “My Classes.” If you don’t see your class list, click on the three bars in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to access it.
2. Now, in the upper right corner of your class screen, you’ll see “Options.” Click on it.
3. From the drop-down menu that appears, select “Finish class.”
4. A pop-up box will show up, and in it, click on “Graduate class.” Once you’ve done this, click “Done.”
By following these steps, you’ll archive your class, which means it won’t show up prominently on your homepage anymore. However, the class’s history will still be accessible in the students’ and parents’ accounts.
1. Open your class on the Android app.
2. In the top right corner of your class screen, you’ll see three dots (the three-dot button). Tap on it.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the dropdown list and select “Finish class.”
4. In the pop-up box that appears, choose “Graduate class.” After making your selection, press “Done.”
5. By doing this on your Android device, you’ll successfully archive the class, keeping its history intact for students and parents while removing it from your active classes list.
How to Remove a Student From ClassDojo Class
Removing students from ClassDojo means taking a student out of a particular class while keeping their overall ClassDojo account and information intact. This can be useful if a student is changing classes or is no longer a part of a specific group. Here’s how you can remove a student from a class:
1. Start by clicking on the class you want to manage under “My Classes” in your ClassDojo account.
2. In the upper right corner of your class screen, you’ll find an “Options” button. Click on it.
3. From the options menu that appears, select “Edit class.”
4. In the “Edit class” section, go to the “Students” tab. This tab lists all the students in that class.
5. Locate the specific student you wish to remove and click on their avatar tile. This action will bring up a menu with various options.
6. Within this menu, you’ll see an option that says “Remove student from class.” Click on this option.
7. A confirmation prompt will appear to make sure you want to remove the student from the class. To complete the removal, click on “Remove student from class” again.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully remove a student from the class, ensuring they are no longer associated with that particular class group on ClassDojo while preserving their account details and history on the platform.
Transferring Your Students to Another Class on ClassDojo
Transferring students from one class to another on ClassDojo is not a formal feature, but you can follow these steps to move a student to their new class:
First Step: Get the student’s report ready
1. Open your current class on ClassDojo.
2. Click on the “Options” button located on the right side of the screen, then select “View Reports.”
3. Set the date range to “All Time” using the drop-down menu.
4. On the right side of the screen, you’ll see a blue “Print” button; click it.
5. In the pop-up screen, select the student you want to print a report for, and make sure to check the “Include detailed reports…” box at the bottom.
6. Click the blue “Print Reports” button.
This step ensures you have a record of the student’s progress, although it won’t transfer points with the student to the new class.
2nd Step: Add the student to their new class
1. Open the class where the student is going to be moved.
2. Look for the “+ Add students” tile and click on it to add a new student.
3. Start typing the student’s name, and you’ll see a drop-down menu appear with matching students.
4. Then Click “Save”
You’ll see the student’s name with their most recent class in parenthesis and an “Add (student name)” option. Clicking on the student’s name with the class next to it will import the student from the School Directory. This action will also bring their parent connections with them.
Please note: To import a student from the School Directory, you need to be a verified teacher, and the student must be in the Directory.
3rd Step: Import points from the old class
1. Open your new class where you’ve added the student.
2. Find the students you transferred from the old class and click on them.
3. Award points to the student as you would normally re-add them to the point system.
Step Four: Delete the student from their old class
1. Now, go back to the student’s old class from which they were transferred.
2. Click on the “Options” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. From the dropdown menu, select “Edit class.”
4. Inside the “Edit class” section, go to the “Students” tab.
5. Locate the student you transferred to the new class and click on their avatar tile.
6. Within the menu that appears, click on “Remove student from class.”
7. Confirm the removal by clicking on “Remove student.”
Following these steps allows you to not only add a student to a new class on ClassDojo but also manage their points and remove them from their previous class while keeping all necessary records intact and maintaining their parent connections, although it’s important to remember that the points won’t be transferred, so you may need to re-enter them in their new class.